How can seasickness be prevented?
There are some tips to avoiding seasickness you might like to try:
- Try look at a stationary object (e.g. feature on land).
- Position yourself where you will experience the least motion (e.g. centre of a ship).
- Try closing your eyes to reduce the sensory confusion.
- Avoid alcohol.
- Get plenty of fresh air.
- Use relaxation techniques to stay calm and relaxed.
There are also medications available to prevention of seasickness. Talk to your pharmacist or doctor before you travel.
Sources & Citations
- Victoria State Government. Better Health Channel. Motion sickness. Available at: https://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/health/healthyliving/motion-sickness (accessed 25 October 2018).
SPANZ.SAPAS.18.10.0393 - Date of preparation October 2018Show All