Is there a new free vaccine for children?
Yes, in 2018 most states and in the ACT, children under the age of five years are eligible for a free, government-funded vaccine. Ask your doctor for more information about eligibility.
Sources & Citations
- NSW Government. Free flu jab for NSW kids under five this winter. 23 January 2018. Available at: https://www.nsw.gov.au/your-government/the-premier/media-releases-from-the-premier/free-flu-jab-for-nsw-kids-under-five-this-winter/ (accessed 4 February 2018).
- Queensland Government. Queensland Health. Free influenza vaccine for children. Available at: https://www.health.qld.gov.au/clinical-practice/guidelines-procedures/diseases-infection/immunisation/free-influenza-vaccine-for-children (accessed 4 February 2018).
- Government of South Australia, SA Health. Flu vaccine. Available at: (accessed 20 June 2018).
- Minster for Health, the Hon Jill Hennessy. Free Flu Vaccinations to Protect Victorian Kids. Available at: (accessed 20 June 2018).
- Government of Western Australia. Department of Health. Influenza immunisation program. Available at: http://ww2.health.wa.gov.au/Articles/F_I/Influenza-immunisation-program (accessed 4 February 2018).
- ACT Government. Free flu vaccines for Canberra children this winter. Available at: https://www.cmtedd.act.gov.au/open_government/inform/act_government_media_releases/meegan-fitzharris-mla-media-releases/2018/free-flu-vaccinations-for-canberra-children-this-winter (accessed 30 April 2018).
SPANZ.IFLU.18.05.0190a Date of preparation May 2018Show All