Which countries are affected by typhoid?
Typhoid may occur anywhere in the world, but is most prevalent in developing countries where there may be unsafe water supplies and/or poor sanitation, including:
- India, Pakistan and Bangladesh
- most countries of South-East Asia
- several countries of the South Pacific, including Papua New Guinea
- African countries
- countries of the Middle East.
Sources & Citations
2. Victoria State Government. Better Health Channel. Typhoid and paratyphoid. Available at: https://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/health/healthyliving/typhoid-and-paratyphoid (accessed 6 May 2020).
SPANZ.SAPAS.18.04.0143(1)a - Date of preparation May 2020Show All