Who is at risk of catching the measles virus?
Anybody who has not been vaccinated against the measles virus is at risk of catching the virus and becoming ill.
In addition to this, people at higher risk of catching the measles virus include:
- People with existing chronic illness(es)
- People with weakened immune systems, such as organ transplant recipients or those on chemotherapy
- People who are travelling overseas from Australia and have not been vaccinated.
Sources & Citations
- NSW Government, Department of Health, Measles Fact Sheet. Available at http://www.health.nsw.gov.au/Infectious/factsheets/Pages/measles_factsheet.aspx (accessed 7 April 2018)
- Victorian Government, Better Health Channel, Measles. Available at https://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/health/conditionsandtreatments/measles (accessed 7 April 2018).
SPANZ.SAPAS.18.04.0133a - Date of preparation May 2018Show All